Wednesday, February 11, 2009

scary hat to wear for a couple days...

So I'm supposed to be representing Uganda in the United Nations Security Council at a mock UN conference for the next three days... which would be fantastic, except that I can't say I've been following much of anything going on in the Security Council these days (or, really, any days as of yet). I've been scrambling to finish a paper after have a final project presentation today, and I'm not even quite done my paper, but it's time to switch gears into Google-ing "Uganda +UN +Security Council" and seeing what I come up with. There are going to be a lot of non-UPeace people there, including the former President of the International Committee of the Red Cross, a UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) representative, and the Ambassador of the Netherlands... not to mention a whole crew of high school students from a prestigious international school nearby that are probably a whole lot more prepared than us!

On a different note, I was very paper-ed out and decided to take a break from typing and add a little something more creative. The result? A summary of my Education for Sustainable Development course, in tree form :)


anyways I should run and try to do a little research and figure out something for tomorrow... this could be embarrassing!

xo
rainbow =)

2 comments:

Mer said...

I love your tree! I miss stimulating and exciting classes! Big hug,
Meredith.

Rainbow Choi =) said...

Mer!! i miss YOU! hehe.. our class was a bit of an 8 day crunched version of GRS+UMB... but getting to express myself in trees is definitely new and exciting! :) wish you were down here with me often!!